Old February 14th 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
nierveze

Default scr522-bc624

Litzendraht wrote:
wrote:

Hi Alain,

just send the schematic you need @ your email address.

Far from pefect scan in two parts, the original is large. Hope it will
help, with scissors and adhesive tape I think it can. Feddback
welcome, other request of this schematic also.

Schéma envoyé directement à votre adresse mail.... Etc!

Thierry Stora

http://www.chapelon.net

Thank you Thierry for sending the schematic to Alain. I wish Alain well
in his radio astronomy ventures with 60 year old radio equipment.

John

Hello every one ,thanks for your precious help, thanks Thierry for the
schematics well arrived at home and well printed ,time will be long now
the bc624 come from Honolulu....yesterday I went to my garage and
got the bc 625 (transmitter) I already have ,it is in nice condition.The
reason I plan to use the bc624 in radio-astronomy is simple :it is a
radio-set I found on ebay at a reasonable price (shipping included )
(before ,I had looked at hamfests in France ,and did not find receivers
in vhf old enought-1960 was the oldest),I am a long time om ,and doing
radio-astronomy on the sun since 20 years with 'good' receivers,this
project is to test with the receivers of the time of the discovery of
radio-astronomy,nostalgia ...
For those interested there is a book 'The early years of
radio-astronomy' at Cambride university press ,that describes the
material used at that time it is very interesting . In fact Reber
at the beginning around 1939 used a 31 feet parabola and a trf amplifier
with 4* 955 acorn tubes amplifier,and a 953 acorn diode ....the bc624
is of the nearly same time but as a superhet will be more sensitive ,the
9003 input tube is the successor of the 955 acorn in an another 'box'.
This is for some explanations of all the questions.
Of course if a scr522 fan club is done ,count on me with the bc625 and
bc 624.
Thanks again all of you 73 alain f1gqb