Old August 20th 03, 01:16 AM
David L Thompson

RSGB is the National Society of the UK. Like an non profit they cannot
charge enough for membership to cover all their expenses. LIke the ARRL
they sell publications and pins etc to cover the extra expenses. The
probably also have tried to set up an endowment so they have money in the
band for short falls.

Like the ARRL they are the IARU represemtative to the world and to the UK
goverment and licemsing authority. I have been a member in the past and
like the ARRL they do try to be representative (they are not and will never
be a democracy and neither is the UK or the USA for that matter). I feel
that they do try to represent the best intersets of all UK hams mwmbwes or
not.

Just as I do in the USA with regards to ARRL I say join the RSGB and then
vote vote vote!
If you are not a member they have no reason to listen to your whinning!

Dave K4JRB