Old February 14th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Sony PRO 80 Scanner

On 14 Feb 2006 07:32:07 -0800, wrote:

Thanks David. I can have a very nice one
complete/boxed/convertor/manual etc for about US$130.00. I brought a
brand new ICOM R5 scanner as it was wide band but it has dreadful
sensitivity on LW/MW and the SW is mediocre. I wasted my money on it.
Thanks again,
Alan
David wrote:
On 14 Feb 2006 03:42:15 -0800,
wrote:

Hello eveyone,
has anyone used one of these scanners and give me an idea of how they
perform as a AM/SW receiver? Also, any links of a review?
Thanks,
Alan

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1194

Not a bad receiver. Make sure BNC RF Input socket isn't loose. Don't
pay too much.

The Pro-80 is not a wideband scanner that incidently covers MW/HF. It
is more of a Communications Receiver with a scanner form factor.
$130 is a good price for a Very Good used unit.