Old February 13th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

Default Somebody should write to the Delano tx...

In article ,
running dogg wrote:
and tell them that their two transmissions of the BBC on 5975 and 5995
at 0300 UTC are somehow getting mixed together. Tonight they were about
equal strength on 5975-so much so that I finally gave up after trying
both LSB and USB. Normally I have to use SSB just to listen to BBC
English. This isn't my radio, or a vagary of the atmosphere-it's
occurring at the transmitter as far as I can tell. I don't have any way
to make a wav of the signal or else I'd write them myself. Maybe
somebody else could make a wav of this and email it to them?

Where are you? And what kind of radio? On Saturday (Sunday 03:00 UTC),
I didn't have any problems taping "From Our Own Correspondent", and "People
and Politics" in that hour. Clear and S9+10, up here in Seattle.

On the other hand, the Voice of Greece program at 06:00 on 9775(?) kHz
that I think comes from Delano was coming in under WWV at 10000 kHz
last night. But that was on my FR-200 bedside radio, so I figured that
it was just a strong signal on the VOG frequency overloading my $40 radio.

With things drying out after some really wet weather here on the West
Coast, it could be intermod from a natural diode formed from corrosion.
Either near your antenna, or maybe at the transmitter site somewhere.

Mark Zenier