Old February 15th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Radio Shack PRO-97 No reception of audio signal

I just received a PRO-97 and have been trying to get it to work. I
understand trunking programming is something to be learned but I have
not had any luck picking up the weather channels. Sometimes the unit
will scan the weather channels but I don't receive any sound, just
background noise. I have adjusted the squelch to just below threshold
with no luck. Occasionally when I first turn the unit on I can pick up
on of the stations but if I scan I can never get it back again. I am
comparing this unit with an old PRO-26 that is receiving loud and
clear. I have loaded the preprogrammed frequencies and tried to scan,
no luck. While the Pro-26 is receiving signals on the same bands. I
have tried initializing the scanner. Is there something that I am
missing or do I have a bad unit ?

Stan Hanna