Old February 17th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave

Default Installing CB in a 1999 Ford Ranger?

Hello Steveo:

A good friend I worked with who retired a few years ago, had this problem.

He had a new Dodge Diesel 1 Ton Pick Up Truck. He had bought it damaged
from shipping. I looked it all over I couldn't see anything wrong with
it. So he wanted a first class CB radio Installation. He being one of
the worlds finest heavy equipment operators he had the cash to make
things happen.

He decided to install the radio, linear amplifier, and antenna himself.
After seeing all the installation I noticed the coax dangling down
between the cab and pick up box. He said it shouldn't be a problem.

Well after a few short days the Drive Shaft had somehow got the coax
wrapped around it and yes it pulled the coax out of the radio and
antenna. But because it was the cheap RG58C Coax it didn't hurt the
radio or antenna.

He said he talking to his friends and all of a sudden the radio went
dead. Hehehehee.

I replaced it for him in the parking lot. I had some coax left over. We
called him "The Drive Shaft"

Jay in the Mojave

Steveo wrote:

Jay in the Mojave wrote:

I used RG142 Coax, and made sure the coax didn't get wrapped up

in the drive shaft. Had that happen ONCE!

Oh man, did it yank the radio off the dash board Jay!?