Old September 6th 03, 04:52 AM
Hank Oredson

wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
I'm a new general and just made my first South American contact. I need the
details of appropriate QSLing. I have the name and address of the individual
I contacted. He names a QSL manager in his QRZ profile page. My assumption
is I would send the QSL card to the manager. Is this right? Sorry for the
dumb question. I'm just getting started in this hobby.
Thanks,
Paul
KD5LAR

Yup, you got it right.

Let's assume the manager is in the US.
Include a self addressed stamped envelope so he can send the QSL to you.
Also nice to include a bit of money to help cover the managers expenses.
Perhaps $1 would be appropriate ... hence the term "green stamp".

If the manager is outside the US the same ideas apply, but do include
something to cover the cost of postage and QSL card to help out the manager.

If you are not real concerned about getting the QSL quickly, as in "Oh,
nice QSO, but my 147th PY contact" then you might send a QSL via
the bureau and will likely get one back eventually.

I've done a lot of DXing recently but have not been all that concerned
about QSLs ... have a 50 year collection of them ... so others may be
able to provide more up to date comments on current practices.

Those first DX QSLs are sure nice to have though!
I still have my first "Worked All Continents" QSLs neatly mounted
in a little frame I can hang on the wall :-)

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net