Old February 18th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Holford

Default Under Eave Antenna

stananger wrote:

I would like to install an under eave antenna at my house.
Mostly for listening but maybe some low power transmitting.
What I need is some input from all the experts here as to what supports
would work best. Also I dont want it to upset the other half
too much so it would have to be "pleasing" to the eye or damn near
invisible. As I dont have any plans or thoughts as to what would work best
I am open to all serious suggestions and ideas. It will be a loop fed with
open wire feeders is all I have in mind at this time.

Stan
AH6JR

I have considered the same idea, however my soffit, fascia and eavestrough are
all metal, and not electrically connected to each other. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how far below these I would have to string my wire?

I have also considered bonding both the individual sections of each, and
bonding all three together; but I'm not sure how successful such an attempt
would be.

Dave
VE3HLU