Old February 19th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

Default Making up coax connections

Paul Burridge wrote:

Hi all,

I have to make up some highly accurate length RG-214 coax patch leads
for network analyzer interconnects up to 1.3Ghz. I have the cable and
the male N-type plugs to terminate them with.
So how best to trim this cable to maintain its 50 ohm impedance as
the plugs are joined to the cable? The plugs' center pins are
solder-type; the shielding Otoh is clamped in place. Are there any
fool-proof cutting dimensions to get the result right every time?
THanks,
Paul

See if you can find the datasheet for the connectors you have. they
will give you the information needed to assemble the connectors
properly.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell