Old September 11th 03, 11:43 PM
John Passaneau

Of Course!

Life is too short for QRP!

--
John Passaneau W3JXP
State College, Pa

PS an SB220 works quite well on the WARC bands.

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
In another NG, someone claimed that he did not know a single Amp owner

that
used their linear on the WARC bands. I know many DXers that do

particularly
on 12 and 17M, so lets see what this group has to say.

On 12M and 17M have you ever used your Linear ??

On 30M the power is limited to 200 Watts as we all know -- but modern amps
will tune up on 30M and one can drive it to 200 Watts (CW and FSK Only)

and
still be in limits. Not all exciters are 100 Watts! Have you ever done
this??

Me -- you betcha red ryder -- I use an AL-80B on the WARC bands -- 12M and
17m when I have to.
Don't use it on 30m tho.
Vertical here -- need all the help I can get.

But have worked DXCC-QRP -- so I have done QRP to QRO - hi hi.
--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All