Old February 18th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default 15580 khz @ 1905 UTC, doesn't sound like VOA

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:46:05 -0800, running dogg wrote:

weatherall wrote:

weatherall Wrote:
...I checked primetimeshortwave.com and hfradio.org, and they both list
this as a Voice of America frequency during that time. ...

Well, I should have believed them I guess. I never heard any kind of
id during the music program, 1905-2000 UTC. But after it was over,
there was a VOA id: "Africa service of the Voice of America," along
with the fact that Nightline Africa was on next.

That music program was the most interesting thing I've heard from VOA
so far.

Yep, VOA mostly plays music nowadays, and soon that will be disappearing
too. Music is far cheaper than producing actual programming. Also, the
US doesn't have a domestic radio service from which the VOA can draw
programming, like RCI does with CBC radio. US radio consists of music on
FM, and conservative talk on AM. What news stations exist are local in
scope. In short, since nobody is willing to give IBB any money, they are
forced to resort to playing music.

What's NPR?