Old February 19th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Guy Atkins

Default Anybody remember a clandestine station that ran on coconuts?

Yes, I believe that was the reported power... a 100 watt transceiver cranked
down to 80 watts to preserve the final in the tropical heat.

A Google *Groups* search on keywords "Radio Free Bougainville Power" brings
up a message thread from 1995 with more information on the coconut oil
subject. People were executed for gathering coconuts for this purpose!

Guy

"dxAce" wrote in message

Though I don't have a sound card, that must be nice. Don't believe I ever
heard
them here.

They ran something like 80 watts, did they not?

dxAce
Michigan
USA