Old February 19th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default Anybody remember a clandestine station that ran on coconuts?

Guy Atkins wrote:

Yes, I believe that was the reported power... a 100 watt transceiver cranked
down to 80 watts to preserve the final in the tropical heat.

A Google *Groups* search on keywords "Radio Free Bougainville Power" brings
up a message thread from 1995 with more information on the coconut oil
subject. People were executed for gathering coconuts for this purpose!

Who were they rebelling against, what government? You guys haven't
filled me in on the details. What happened to the revolutionaries,
ultimately?

Guy

"dxAce" wrote in message

Though I don't have a sound card, that must be nice. Don't believe I ever
heard
them here.

They ran something like 80 watts, did they not?

dxAce
Michigan
USA