Old September 13th 03, 02:13 PM
Dick, AA5VU

In article ,
"Dick, AA5VU" wrote:

How about an English version of the announcement?

relayed by email

Here's the press release that we put out...it was definately in
English...hi

Press Release

From: K4UEE & K0IR

Planned Dxpedition to Peter I Island, Antarctica 12 Sept. 2003

Bob Allphin, K4UEE, and Ralph Fedor, K0IR, are pleased to announce they
have organized a DXpedition to Peter I Island (3Y0/P). The Dxpedition is
scheduled to occur during the upcoming Austral summer 2004. Their
15-person team is scheduled to depart from Ushuaia, Argentina on Jan. 3,
2004 and arrive at Peter I on approximately January 9th (+/- weather).
They will build the camp infrastructure and install all antennas before
going QRV. This will be a high power DXpedition with an international
team of experienced operators and multiple stations on all HF bands
covering SSB, CW, & RTTY modes.

The team hopes for a 3-week stay on Peter I. Weather, of course, may
dictate otherwise. QSL information and the team roster will be
forthcoming. Several operator positions are available. Also, there are
opportunities for ham or non-ham travelers to visit Peter I, the
Antarctic continent, and the South Shetland Islands returning around
Jan. 19th to Ushuaia, Argentina. Contact Bob, K4UEE at: for information.