Old February 20th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Drake 7 line enclosures

"Carter, K8VT" wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:
There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

Pete

There is a guy in Ohio I think (Jeff Covelli???--advertises in 'Electric
Radio") that repairs them. He should be easy to find (web search for
Drake repair or call Bill Frost-if he is still around- at Drake) and
they can tell you who fixes the "sticky paint" problem. BTW, my TR-7 had
the sticky paint, but I just lived with it. Good luck!

Jeff just tuned up my R7 in November. Got it back the day before Thanksgiving.

dxAce
Michigan
USA