Old February 20th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Woody

Default Need Donated Radios

Welcome to amateur radio! Sounds like you need to get an adult involved to
assist you with setting up a legit non-profit before you go any further.
You need your "group" to become a recognized and legal "club" before you
start soliciting equipment. That will be your first 'desperate' need.
As it stands, you're just a guy bummin' equipment for all outward
appearances. No offense intended at all, but understand what you're doing.
Before doing anything you need to sit down and formulate a plan, man, then
work the plan.
After that, it's all about the hot-dog sale, sponsored garage sale, etc....
you know, work for what you want before begging for it.
Without a 401c3 to offer tax receipts, you can't do much.
Many a ham club started up with whatever few dollars members had in their
pockets. It's good incentive and will help you grow in more ways than one.
If it's truly important to you, it'll be nothing to get it done.
Good luck!
rb

"Kap" wrote in message
oups.com...
Me and a couple friends are trying to start a amature radio group for
youths our age and we desperately need radios to demonstrate what
amature radio is like all we have is a Yaesu FT2800M just 2 meters
only. We'd like to demonstrate HF communications but we can not afford
a HF transceiver. If anybody has a extra HF transceiver or discount
price please let us know.