Old February 20th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

Default Newbie to shortwave

"Chaostrophy" wrote in message
k...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=
1

I was hoping some of you could take a look at it and let me know of this will do the trick? I have

never used a shortwave radio before

[snippage]

Hi Chaostrophy.

The 1102 is a nice little portable, as is the DE1103 also sold by the vendor in your link.
The DE1103 is even better in my opinion, and could even cost a bit less.

In fact, the DE1103 is the best portable SW radio in terms of cost/performance on the market.
(Also "my opinion". Others may or may not agree)
It's a fantastically sensitive/selective SSB capable performer, and next to investing bigger money
in a tabletop
receiver I'd venture to say you can't do better for the pounds/dollars spent.