Old February 21st 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

Default Attenuator formula, asymetrical

Guys

I'm looking for a formula, or preferably a program, that will let me design
a matching pad that will let me set Z1, z2, and the dB loss. I have the
formulas for the minimum loss pads, but they would require a second
fixed attenuator to set the dB loss to the -20dB I desire. I'm looking to
build some 50 ohm to various higher impedances for use on my signal
generators to match the higher impedances found on boatanchors, etc.

Or, would it just be easier to use a minimum loss pad with a second
symetrical pad to get the desired loss?

Pete