Old February 21st 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Carter, K8VT

Default What's wrong with my radio?

Brenda Ann wrote:
"running dogg" wrote in message
My Yaesu FRG-8800 has been acting strangely. Tonight while listening to
the BBC on 5975 I had blasts of static interrupt the broadcast. Finally
around 0310 the broadcast became inaudible. This is a problem with my
radio, since ALL stations all across the spectrum are now inaudible. I
tuned up to 6050 khz as well as checked WWV on 5 Mhz and everything has
gone deaf. I suspect that my troubles with listening to Cuba are related
to the same problem. A week ago I had a brief problem where a very
staticky Radio Australia swamped the spectrum. What could possibly be
wrong with my radio? How can I contact Yaesu? I had their contact info
years ago when I had to send my radio in for repairs twice, but I lost
it.

They didn't just start up BPL in your area, did they?

....and if you are not sure about BPL coming to a neighborhood near you,
do you have a second radio that you can try?