Old February 21st 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

Default Drake 7 line enclosures

Thanks again Steve. Boy, did I hit it lucky today!

Pete

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:

There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for
the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either
have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

From what I've found out so far it seems the fellow in Wisconsin is out
of them.

Guess you could contact Hartzell Manufacturing. They made the cabinets
and they
will re-do them. http://www.hartzellmfg.com/

Worst case is trying to refinish it yourself I suppose.

Will let you know if anything else shows up today.

On page 5 of this .pdf document is some stuff regarding do-it-yourself
repainting:

http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeArticles/TechTips/62-DRAKE_TECH_EXCHANGE01.pdf

I also noticed something about Hartzell charging $25 for the repaint job
so that may
be a good way to go.

dxAce
Michigan