Old February 22nd 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default 20 Meter Dipole - instant DX!!!

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Wonderful lesson, thank you! Now I have to learn how to match antennas

&
receiving systems! : }

Snip

You just have to have the antenna elements the right length.

Which sorta implies an antenna for each frequency you wish to listen to. I
don't have room for an antenna farm, so I have to make do with one
(external) antenna that works for as many frequencies as possible. I
currently have an Eavesdropper C attached to the side of the house, which
seems to be working well, BUT I have a homemade dipole which seems to work
just as well! (used with a RadioShack DX-394). So far I've logged over 200
frequencies since Christmas with the dipole, since I just hooked up the
Eavesdropper today. So far I've picked up another dozen new (to me) freq's
on the Eavesdropper.

What I *really* need is the ability to filter receptions; I seem to now be
getting a lot of multiple receptions since plugging in the Eavesdropper . .
..