Old February 22nd 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus

Default Ten Tec R350D - Is it worth $1200

wa5dxp wrote:
I have been looking at the R350D, and would like to hear from other
owners their opinions, pros and cons, and whether they think it's
worth the asking price. Also, how about the accessory speaker,
is it worth the $100?

The only thing I can see that I don't immediately like is the LCD
display, it looks kind of shabby to me and looks like it may
be hard to read and low contrast. I really miss the vacuum
flourescent displays, anyone make receivers with them anymore?

Anybody out there own one? Thanks for your help.

Jim

I own an earlier series RX 350. The display is backlit, and is very
easy to read. And at least on my rig, it's configurable, to display, or
not, some pieces of information according to taste.

The only downside I've encountered is the audio through the internal
speaker. Using an external, it's very good.

Performance is quite good. Use is intuitive. Between AR-7030+ and
RX-350, the rest of my arsenal gets used sporadically.