Old February 22nd 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
seigezunt

Default Interesting Listening on Short wave?

mikem wrote:
Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like?
I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time".

I enjoy Radio Netherlands programs a lot. They had a great program
recently on a 17th-Century mutiny/massacre in Australia, the name
escapes me at the moment, which was riveting.

I also enjoy the cultural programming on Voice of Turkey, especially
the one on Turkish customs. A recent one on th practice of circumcision
was, um, painful to listen to, but fascinating.

I enjoy Iran's Voice of Justice for a chuckle. And I check out the news
on Kol Israel every day, unfiltered by American media agendas.

Another fave, though I don't seem to be able to get it much these days,
is the pop music programs from Radio Japan. I love listening to any
kind of world/folk music which isn't available on the abomination that
is American FM radio. Radio Bulgaria and R. Hungary seem to have good
music offerings, too.

I would love to see postings of good programs to check out for music...