Old February 22nd 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus

Default Ten Tec R350D - Is it worth $1200

bpnjensen wrote:
The only downside I've encountered is the audio through the internal

speaker. Using an external, it's very good.

Performance is quite good. Use is intuitive. Between AR-7030+ and
RX-350, the rest of my arsenal gets used sporadically.

Peter, the information commonly encountered on this radio is that (1)
it suffers quite a bit from intermod products, and (2) TenTec does not
give it the software upgrade support it originally promised. Have you
found this to be true?

I've found no greater number of birdies, or intermod products with
this rig than I have with any other. It's actually pretty quiet. And on
my antenna system, devoid of overload. Despite the 5kw regional a couple
of miles from here, I have encountered no reception problems caused by
cross modulation, intermod, or overload.

I haven't seen any firmware updates since 2002. But, then, I've not
found any reason for them, either.

I use it every day, alongside AR-7030+ and have not found it lacking.

I understand that there are those who don't care for it. Then, again,
there are many who don't care for the AR-7030 series, either.