Old February 22nd 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

Default preselctor?

MFJ is an Enterprise too.How can you beat that? Of course MFJ probally
doesn't publish any unfavorable reviews.
cuhulin

I have an MFJ Noise Canceller that works pretty well and about as
advertised. It is not the be-all and end-all, nor do I have the
optimal antenna configuration going into it (it works best with two
similar antennas at about 1/4 to 1/2 wavelength, or antenna length,
apart - I have two dissimilar antennas), but it takes a chunk out of
the most offensive noise when I need it.

I'd be willing to try their more expensive model preselector for
$69.95; I may just do that one of these days, since a good deal of my
grief comes from two or three local 50kW transmitters on MW splattering
across 2-6 mHz. Mr. Parfitt has suggested (among other good ideas -
bless him) that the transmitters themselves may be to blame, and he may
well be right - nonetheless, if I can do something cheap to potentially
reduce their effects, it would be worth a try.

Bruce Jensen