Old February 24th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank's

Default 80 m compact loop - progress report

"John, N9JG" wrote in message
Initially, at least, the loop will be just high enough so that a lawnmower
can get underneath the lowest side of the octagon. It the loop works
fairly well, I might install a 40 foot fiberglass flagpole and suspend the
top of the loop from the top of the flagpole. Supposedly, that might cut
down on some loss due to ground currents.

Thanks John, I guess my estimate of 8ft at the base is a bit high -- see
following post.

Frank