Old February 25th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell

Default Technical vertical question

A lot of questions in one post...
You can get some of these answers by downloading the demo package of
EZNEC. I dropped a radial from one of my test cases and found the
pattern was less on that side of the azimuth display.

Modeling buried radials is beyond my talents.
In general, more is better and longer is better. The jury is still out
in most cases.

Most of your questions are addressed in the 20th Edition Arrl Antenna
Handbook.

You can use Google to search in the Groups and also find answers to
most of your questions but that is the least reliable source that I
use. Beware of experts who use assumed names, especially!

Consider any advice from me as coming from a student in spite of old
call and the Social Security Check!

On 24 Feb 2006 20:32:05 -0800, "LiveToBe100.org"
wrote:

If you have a Ground Mounted, or an Above Ground Mounted vertical, can
you create a lobe by placing your radials pointed in the direction you
want the lobe to occure? or, does the lobe occure in the opposite
direction from which you have the radials pointed?

What is the optimum length for radials:

1/10 wavelength?

1/4 wavelength?

1/4 wavelength plus 2%?

1/2 wavelength?

1 wavelength?

2 wavelengths?

Is the optimum wavelength a function of where the vertical is mounted?
i.e. Ground Mounted or Above Grounded Mounted.

Thanks for your help.

William
http://LiveToBe100.org
- Retirement News -