Old September 29th 03, 02:33 PM
Joop Stakenborg

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 06:20:26 +0000, Peter Lemken wrote:

I particularly applaud them for providing a working Linux client, together
with the source code. With that, it should be easy to integrate LOTW into
other log applications, either natively or as a plug in.

Have you studied the license under which LoTW is distributed? I am unsure
whether linking against their libraries is allowed at all:

5. Products derived from or including this software may not use "Logbook
of the World" or "LoTW" or any other American Radio Relay League,
Incorporated trademarks or servicemarks in their names without prior
written permission of the ARRL.

So I would have to ask permission to link against the LoTW libraries? So
much for distributing source-code.

If only they would have picked a more sensible license, I might have
started using LoTW. Their license rules kindof suck, read the LICENSE file
included with the source code.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin