Old February 25th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan/W4NTI

Default 20 Meter Dipole - instant DX!!!

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

"Radio TexMex" wrote

Before someone beats me too it, I've already had somebody point out

the
goofy flaw with my new super awesome 20M dipole. And after doing

some much
needed reading on baluns, I've concluded that the 4:1 balun isn't

needed.

Readers: Please be patient. Learning process taking place here.

Reading about 4:1 baluns makes one imagine a 4:1 balun is
cessary - whereas most likely it isn't.
----
Reg.

Times certainly have changed. I remember as a NOVICE being drilled that a
coax fed 1/2 wave dipole will not work on EVEN multiples of the fundamental.
Maybe I needed a ANTENNA TUNER, whatever that is.

Not being critical OM, I applaud you for trying to learn instead of
spouting garbage from CB. Keep up the good work.

Dan/W4NTI