Old October 1st 03, 12:07 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Derek Wills" wrote in message
I know the proposed BPL system uses frequencies from 2-80 MHz
and I belive it uses spread spectrum. Does it have to use
every possible freq in that range or could it skip the ham
bands if we kick up enough fuss?

It seems pretty clear to me that it will happen - 150,000 hams
are outnumbered by more than 100:1 by those who want broadband
delivered to the doorstep.

Not only do I think it will happen, but I also expect the RFI
levels to be "adjusted" so as to allow more pollution - hey,
it works for greenhouse gas and power plants and......

Derek aa5bt

Keep in mind that the non-ham frequencies are also used by somebody
(government, commercial interests, etc.). So skipping around the ham
frequencies doesn't really solve the problem. Some one is going to be
interfered with.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE