Old February 26th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Carter, K8VT

Default World-wide 180 meter SSB Contest - TONIGHT

dxAce wrote:

What you had was sunrise enhancement, not grey line. I've already done my
homework (in other words, I don't believe that, 'big gun' or not).

Well, you sure do like to like to eat dust. I gave you a clue and a
chance to do a little bit of research to prove your "ace-hood", but you
couldn't figure it out. Yet another failure for you.

The quote from the "big gun" you don't believe is John Devoldere, author
of "ON4UN's Low-Band DXing", a classic text that has gone through
numerous printings and two editions. He is regarded world-wide as THE
low band propagation expert.

He calls the mechanism described as gray-line, not enhancement. I have
no doubt that this is *exactly* what I experienced with my 160 meter
Hawaii qso's. Although I realize you have that pesky reading
comprehension problem, try going over his quote once more.

If you expect us to take the word of a blathering, self-appointed poseur
against the word of an internationally renowned propagation expert,
you're more delusional than we think.

Pardon me, but my money's on Mr. Devoldere, at least until you reach his
level of world acclaim for something other than being a poseur and
boggle boy extraordinaire.