Old October 4th 03, 03:36 PM
Hank Oredson

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:01:53 GMT, "Hank Oredson"
wrote:

Please try very very hard to understand what I have written.
LotW is a CENTRALIZED DATABASE of QSO data.
I wish to access it.
From applications I will write.

You can't do that unless your ISP has DSL modems with a quarter
slot in the top......

Why? I can access my QSO data via the web page for no charge.

Not to mention it wouldn't be "secure" if you knew who I worked.

Why? I can only access my own QSO data.

Maybe I worked you and you didn't know it, so you could then
apply for credit for working me even though you didn't know you
did. (work me)

For this part of the discussion, and for the API of interest,
awards do not come into play. Only my own QSO data.

LOTW is much more complicated that it really appears to be.....

Naw, I think it is less complex than it appears :-)

Please try very hard to understand what the ARRL has written.

Oh I do understand!

Software for collecting quarters...... Cha Ching.......

That is the ARRL view of their database.
My view is different, since I do not care about the awards.

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net