Old February 28th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dansawyeror

Default antenna impedance - calculated 10 - 20 Ohms - measured 36 Ohms??

Good question. I will play with that. That said, based on Roy's comment at
minimum the load should appear nearly pure resistive.

I just tested the Autek with 6.25, 12.5, and 25 Ohm loads.
25 read 26
12.5 read 12 - 13 - 12 etc.
6.25 read mostly 7 with an occasional 6.

I would say for non-reactive loads it is pretty close.

Tomorrow - will be to experiment with non lumped inductors. That will be a
challenge.

Thanks - Dan

Frank wrote:
"dansawyeror" wrote in message

Frank,

The Autek is remarkably close. I have used it to checkout 50 and 25 Ohm
loads. For these two values it is very close. (It is battery level
sensitive.)

The couplers are a pair of M-C ZFDC 20-4's.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I had forgotten about Mini-Circuits. Their price is hard to
beat. I may pick up one of the "PDC" series dual directional couplers.
Incidentally your code indicates resonance occurs at 3.54 MHz. I wonder how
the Autek behaves when subjected to a reactive load does it actually get
close to the magnitude?

Frank