Old February 28th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

Default The World's First Radio

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
By golly cuhulin, old Stubblefield deserves a lot of credit, but I vote

for
Mahlon Loomis - done did it in 1865

See URL: http://members.aol.com/jeff560/loomis.html

I suppose it's a matter of semantics, but I don't see how radio can exist
without radio waves. Neither Loomis nor Stubblefield were generating radio
waves. Conduction, induction and capacitive coupling can be used for
communication, but none of them are radio. Radio uses nothing developed by
Loomis or Stubblefield. Today's radio is a direct decendant of Maxwell's
electromagnetic theories and Hertz's experimental confirmation.

Frank Dresser