Old March 1st 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Allen Crawford

Default Pro 97 volume problems

"Frank346" wrote in message
I believe it is for the combination. That might account for the high

price.
The beep probably bypasses the volume control in the circuit. Since it is
loud and clear, the audio amp chip is ok and the speaker is too. Note that
the volume pot is 50K from one end terminal to the other. If you get a
higher reading than that from the center terminal to either end, that is a
clue that the pot is probably bad.

Frank,

I am inclined to go with that too. I am going to have to get the
spouse to help with the pot turning while I hold the fluke leads. I will
give back the readings with respect
to ground later and see what you think. there is a stack
of 3 soldered leads which leads me to believe that 3 are
on/off, 3 are volume, and 3 are squelch...darn squelch
definately wants to parallel the movement of the volume
too....damn poor design for such a nice spec'd receiver.

regards,

Allen