Old March 1st 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default 3 Monos or a Tribander?

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 22:21:10 GMT, "west"
wrote:

what I should use for a base antenna that will be over 60ft high

Hi West,

A simple tribander should be able to hit a similar tribander, or at
least a quarterwave just as high 20 miles away. Repeaters should be a
breeze to hit unless you are DXing garage repeaters. I can't see that
you need more gain nor complexity unless its to make up for line loss
climbing that tower. In that case, add a brick amplifier at the input
to the line.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC