Old March 2nd 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 3 Monos or a Tribander?

west wrote:
Just purchased a (tri-band 2, 1.25, .7 meters) Kenwood TH-F6A HT and was
wondering what I should use for a base antenna that will be over 60ft high
(bet I'll get tons of intermod). One thought is to purchase the best
tri-bander available or, perhaps there is too much compromise with an
all-in-one. Would you use a dual bander and a mono, which band is the dual &
which the mono or 3 monos? Of course with anything other than a tri-bander,
a triplexer will be needed. Oh what trying decisions a ham must make! Any
comments most welcomed.

73s
west
AF4GC

If I were dead set on all 3 bands, I would use a seperate ground plane
antenna for each band, and an antenna switch. The ground planes are
small.
Gary N4AST