Old March 2nd 06, 05:38 AM
weatherall weatherall is offline
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telamon
How is the audio sound quality on the E5 with a good signal and the wide bandwidth?
Hi Telamon:
I'm listening to Radio Havana Cuba on 6000 khz right now (0519 UTC). Both the E5 and my SW7600GR are tuned to it. Both radios have their news/music switches set to music. The E5 seems to produce higher frequencies, but the SW7600GR produces more lower frequencies.

In an effort to explain this effect without knowing the exact frequency ranges involved, imagine frequencies on a 1-10 scale (from low to high). I'd say the SW7600GR frequencies are in the range of 2-6 and the E5 frequencies are in the range of 4-8.

Initially I had a slight preference for the E5's speaker output, but now I'm focusing on the lower frequencies from the SW7600GR and wonder why they are lacking on the E5.

I wish I had a good microphone so I could record output from both speakers and measure the frequency ranges that these two radios produce.
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/