Old October 12th 03, 11:43 PM
Steve Silverwood

[This followup was posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article ,
says...
One more newbie question. I worked several contacts with the CA QSO party
last night. With the multiples of contacts being made, is it considered bad
form to send a QSL card? Because I'm new, I'm sending out SASE to get some
"starter" cards. With some individuals making hundreds of contacts, I would
imagine QSL requests could be quite an undertaking. Thanks for your input.

If you work someone in a contest in the US and you'd like a QSL card,
send one of yours with an SASE. You'll be surprised at the number of
folks who will be happy to send you one! The SASE is important, though,
because as you mentioned the volume of contacts during a contest can be
rather large, and the cost can mount up even if they're just sent
through the mail as postcards.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS