Old March 2nd 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default Realistic DX-302

They even run on batteries!

"running dogg" wrote in message

I guess some people would say my old really,really beat up old Sears
Travler AM/FM/Shortwave Radio is lousy too,but when it works,it works
really,really good.How about my old 1950's Telefunken/Grundig (the two
little owners/operator manuals thingys say Telefunken and nothing at all
about Grundig) AM/FM/Shortwave/Phonograph wooden cabinet floor model
Radio and my 1950's Telefunken Opus 7 AM/FM/Shortwave wooden cabinet
Radio? Good or lousey?
Heres't the thing,whatever Radio or Radios you own and really,really
like,those are Great Radios.
cuhulin the Great
(ok,now start knocking my Great Radios)

You're right for once. The West Germans made some really good radios at
a time when America and Japan was turning out tinny sounding crap. A lot
of GIs stationed in West Germany bought these radios and brought them
home to the US because they were so good. AND they run on 115v as well
as 220v (European power was uneven and unreliable) so all somebody had
to do was replace the power cord and voila a great radio. The only
problem is that many only go up to 100 Mhz on the FM band because
Germany didn't have many FM stations.