Old October 6th 03, 08:30 AM
Spurious Noise

Working contests are a good way to get new DXCC countries or USA States.
Most contesters will QSL.
But keep in mind that they receive hundreds of QSL requests --
so an SASE to US Stations and IRC's or green stamps ($1) to
overseas with an SAE. Some countries require more -- see URL:
http://www.qsl.net/n6dhz/irc-chart.html

However a less expensive way for QSLing for outside the USA is the ARRL
Bureaus -- see URL:
http://ac6v.com/callbooks.htm#BURRO

More on QSLing at URL:
http://www.ac6v.com/qslmisc.htm

--
73 From the Spurious Noise ';';;';x":.,";"'
wrote in message
One more newbie question. I worked several contacts with the CA QSO party
last night. With the multiples of contacts being made, is it considered

bad
form to send a QSL card? Because I'm new, I'm sending out SASE to get some
"starter" cards. With some individuals making hundreds of contacts, I

would
imagine QSL requests could be quite an undertaking. Thanks for your input.