Old March 2nd 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010

Default Realistic DX-302

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
With shipping about $90 as I recall . . .

You got a great deal Lisa.

"Bricktop" wrote in message
What did you wind up paying for it Lisa? If you don't mind me asking.

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:32:30 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

I like driving them, you have much more control & can work to dig out

weak
signals; the receivers I have that "do it for me" just doesn't do so

well;
case in point the Sangean ATS803A; good on the dipole but absolutely

deaf
on
the whip; plus so real control over the signal like the 302! Same with

the
394; excellent receiver off the external antenna, but lacking a

preselector

"Rob Mills" wrote in message

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message

Got my DX-302 today - MAN! Is this a receiver!

They are nice but you have to drive them (spin lots of knobs) to get

where
you are going. Don't know why so many people run them down, think

they
either don't know how to drive them, got a lemon or have them

confused
with
the DX300 which looked like a 302 but quite different. I used one for
quite
awhile with an AEA interface and an old Commodore computer to copy cw

and
ritty and it did very well. RM~