Old September 27th 03, 01:28 AM
mike

Default Slopers and TTFD

After reading http://www.cebik.com/fdim/fdim8.html and coming to the
conclusion I may never get my random wire up high enough for any real
DX, I am looking to sloper and TTFD. I can install either of these
facing eastward toward Europe quite easily with a top height of 30
feet or better.

I can barely get my random wire 3 feet off the ground. Unless I run it
off the roof like a sloper.

Noise reduction is right up there with signal strength on my priority
list. My house has a metal roof I am thinking anything up above them
might help sheild the antennas from household noise.

Any thoughts about one antenna over the other?

mike