Old March 4th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Miller

Default Caronlina Windom characterisation

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 20:59:01 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

I am working with some guys on ambient noise measurement in a pre BPL
scenario.

They are using FSM ( http://www.vk1od.net/fsm/ ) to make field
strength measurements using a known comms receiver and a Carolina
Windom (CW).

We need to form a view on the CW antenna system losses (radiator,
ground reflection, isolator, matching unit, feedline, ATU.

Has anyone built and calibrated NEC models for the CW, or have they
measured reliably feedpoint impedance on the various bands.

This is not a troll, and I don't want to excite a war over the claimed
performance of the CW, I am not interested in anecdotal evidence or
QSO evidence as to whether they "work".

I see that there will be significant issues in modelling the "secret"
components of the CW unless someone has worked out an RF equivalent
circuit of those components (the isolator and matching unit).

Thanks...

Owen

Their catalog shows modelled patterns. Might be some NEC models
available at the Radio Works web site.

bob
k5qwg