Old March 4th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Realistic DX-302

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:51:28 UTC, David wrote:

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:44:46 -0600, wrote:

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 04:31:07 UTC, "jon"
wrote:

Greetings! Where do you find your S-38s? Ebay I would guess. I have
been wanting to get a S-38D as I believe it was made circa 1954, the
year of my birth. I have always loved the glow of tube radios. Somehow
I managed to let all my tube shortwave radios slip away and am down to
MW and 11 meter tube radios. Where is the best place to get an S-38 on
the cheap? Have a great weekend! Jon in South Carolina.

Hello Jon,
I got the S-38B from a Hamfest in Ocala for $30. It was recapped, but
I am doing the physical cleaning and restoring. Another one, a C
model, I just posted on one of these groups and a guy in St. Cloud, FL
had one in all original condition for $80. They are easy restoration
projects as they are so simple. They have beautiful design, they were
designed by Raymond Lowey, who designed for Chrysler in the 30's and
early 40's and did the famous postwar Studebaker, that changed how
cars looked for generations.

Lafayette sold a Japanese version that actually is better built.

I know that the Japanese copied Hallicrafters, but does it have the
same design cabinet with the half-round dials?

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"