Old March 5th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rick

Default Bulgarian SW Station in Sofia

As your flight comes in for a landing in Sofia, Bulgaria you fly over
a shortwave transmitter site. It's a few miles out of town on a high
piece of ground along a two lane road. Several huge towers.
I am wondering what station it is, and whether it is active. A native
Bulgarian (my wife's father, actually) told me it was "A transmitter
from the Communist days that covered up other signals."
Is this Radio Bulgaria? All I have managed to find was a posting on
this group from a few months ago that said a Radio Bulgaria
transmitter site was located in Plovdiv, a couple hours from Sofia.

Rick