Old March 5th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Outside Antenna

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 16:11:09 GMT, "Rikk"
wrote:

Hi David
I visited the website you mentioned. and think the LMZ-50 would be best for
me.
How exactly does this work please, do I simply connect the longwire to the
balun, and the run coax from balun to radio via cb coax.
thanks
Rikk

You can use plain old RG-6 Cable TV coax if you like. You use a 75
Ohm matcher at the antenna and the appropriate mechanical adapter at
the receiver. If you have a portable, use a flexible adapter to keep
strain off the little plug.