Old March 6th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current through coils

Reg Edwards wrote:
The whole business can be mathematically modelled.

IF one uses the correct model. Here's an email I received today.

Walter Maxwell, W2DU wrote:
Hi Cecil, I just today found the (QRZ.com) discussion. I agree
with your position 100%. It's as simple as this:

If an inductance is in series with a line that has no reflections,
the current will be the same at both ends of the inductor.

If an inductance is in series with a line that has reflections,
the current will NOT be the same at both ends of the inductor.

Consequently, circuit analysis will not work when both forward
and reflected currents are present in a lumped circuit.

When reflections are present, a current node and a current loop
can appear at separate points on an inductor simultaneously.

Walt

--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp