Old October 26th 03, 06:03 PM

Frank Armstrong wrote:
Please, has anyone out there any experience of using a Cushcraft R7000
vertical ant?
I was thinking of buying one second-hand.

Frank, I haven't used that particular one. Several years
ago I bought a Gap "Eagle" vertical--my wife wasn't happy
with wires festooned through the trees. :-) It actually
worked fairly well and was very easy to set up and to use.
For about 95% of contacts on which I compared them, though,
it was down a couple of S-units compared to a full-sized
loop fed with ladderline. I think this is pretty typical
of multiband verticals, based on what I've heard from others.
They certainly can work well, particularly considering how
little space they take and their low visual profile. Not
sure if this helps you much .. but it IS better than the
incredibly vile political gibberish, isn't it? ;-) 73!
--Ken AC4RD

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001