Old March 5th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

Default voltage transformers for chinese radios

"weatherall" wrote in message

Does anyone have experience with 110/220volt transformers along with a
shortwave radio imported from China? I heard someone complain about
the fact that the transformers coming from China aren't tested by
Underwriters Laboratories.

--
weatherall

I have a Tecsun PL550 from Liypn and the 220v transformer that came with it is fine, on for hours at
a time and
slightly warm to the touch. Also charges batteries with no problems.

With my DE1103, which didn't come with the transformer, I use only Duracell rechargeable batteries
and a
Maha charger. One set in the radio, another set charged when needed. This eliminates any powerline
interference
and also negates worry about the imported transformer if that is a concern.